- Capital Flows, Asset Prices, and the Real Economy: A 'China Shock' in the US Real Estate Market (with L. Shen and C. Zhang). [FRB Discussion Paper]
- Political Connections, Competition, and Innovation: Evidence from Sudden Deaths" (with L. Cheng).
- Structural Transformation in China: The Roles of Trade and Migration Cost Reductions.
- Inferring Informal Risk-sharing Regimes: Evidence from Rural Tanzania (with E. Ligon). Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization. Accepted, 2020. [Link]
- What Do Private Firms Do after Losing Political Capital: Evidence from China (with L. Cheng). Journal of Corporate Finance, 60: 101551, 2020. [Link]
- The Long-Run Effects of Government Spending on Structural Change: Evidence from Second World War Defense Contracts (with D. Koustas), Economics Letters, 178: 66-69, 2019. [Link]
- China must rethink free float for the yuan as US border tax looms (with W. Zhong), South China Morning Post, Mar. 2017.
- China needs reform not another investment splurge (with W. Zhong), The Financial Times, Feb. 2016.
- An Application of Behavioral Modeling to Characterize Urban Angling Decisions and Values (with M. Bingham et al.), North American Journal of Fisheries Management, 31: 257-268, 2011.
- An Empirical Evaluation of the Accuracy of the Hartley and Rao (1962) Variance Approximation Following PPS Systematic Sampling (with T. Gregoire), Pakistan Journal of Statistics, 27(4): 555-566, 2011.